Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Um, I don't have WHAT?

I should preface this by saying my user account is that of an administrator. I'm the boss, right?

NOT ACCORDING TO VISTA, I'M NOT.

Imagine you're a homeowner. You're looking for the masking tape, and you can't find it. In your searching, you stumble across a drawer, and lo and behold, it's LOCKED.



Oh. Wait. I can click CONTINUE and get into that secret drawer. Not sure how this is called "security", but okay. I click continue, and it asks me if I want to be able access this folder.

"Um. Yes. Yes I do."

"Okay, sir, you know have access to this folder."

This, as you can guess, was very frustrating. Why would I lock MYSELF out of ANYTHING? Isn't the whole point of different user accounts to have all these locks built in by user status? I'm an Admin, I get the skeleton key.

Oh, crap. Where did I put it? ...hope it's not in this drawer...

Vista sucks,
Randy

No comments: